'97 xplorer eddie bauer lift of '9 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'97 xplorer eddie bauer lift of '9

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok cool, what exactly does the alignment do? and do you know where I can purchase all this parts?

what exactily is a Torsion Bar Puller?

Basically an alignment makes your truck drive straight and keeps the tires from wearing funny.

Here are a couple of threads to help you do this. All of the answers are in these threads.

Torsion bars 101.

Body lift install.

Search the site, you'll find everything you'll want and need to know about your truck. Good luck! :cool:

The superlift I want to buy says it comes with Rear Leaf Springs, but when I printed out the instructions on how to put on the lift it said rear lift not included. So what are the Rear Leaf Springs? And what kind of lift kit do I need for the rear?

Search for SOA on this site. Using your stock leaf springs, it will get you ~5-6" of lift out of the rear. Then for the front to match you get the superlift and do the tt then your 3" bodly lift.

ALL of this has been discussed hundreds of times. there is a search button at the top right of the page somewhere. you will find gobs of info, you just need to sift through it. you can lift your truck 4-6" for around $200. the torsion twist is free, and people have been known to push 3" out of it with longer bolts even on a 4wd. most people only do 2" because it keeps the CV's in a less strained position. and a 2 or 3 inch body lift will run you a little over 100 bucks from summit. a 91-94 body lift will work for your application. some bolts need to modified, and bumper mounts will need to be fabricated. i have no experience with the ranger body lift. if you really want 9" of lift, look into a SAS. it will net you better results than stacking lifts (tt, superlift, and body). if this is just a street truck that you want to look cool, then just go with a tt, body lift and superlift if you can swing the cash for it. the rcd kit would be even more bling, but it will cost you more, but it actually offroads better.

good luck with whatever you do.

I just helped my buddy install the body lift on his 97 exploder sport 4X4. The performance accessories body lift for the 98 rangers fit it great. Some bolts needed to have more threads cut into them, but it's nothing that a tap and die set can't take care of. The front bumper brakets fit perfectly. The rear brackets are the only ones that need to be made. We're cutting the end of the frame rail where the bumper mount holes are, and raising it the 3". Then just box it in and weld it all up with a lil reinforcements. That way he can still use it to tow around his bike and four-wheelers.

Back