98 Ranger L upper control arm ball joint stud not going into spindle | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 Ranger L upper control arm ball joint stud not going into spindle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

push rivets - Dorman PN 961-070 i used my step drill to enlarge the holes.
thanks! I will take a pic of the part number, I guess these Chinese smart phones do come in handy:)

thanks! I will take a pic of the part number, I guess these Chinese smart phones do come in handy:)

so far i've resisted getting one of those new-fangled smart phones. my phone doesn't do anything accept and make calls and costs me a walloping $7 a month. it sits in my console, is never turned on unless i'm using it and i can't recall the last time i used it. it's got like 2000 minutes on it now, lol. it would be nice to be able to take pictures with it though. maybe i'll upgrade to one with a camera.

so far i've resisted getting one of those new-fangled smart phones. my phone doesn't do anything accept and make calls and costs me a walloping $7 a month. it sits in my console, is never turned on unless i'm using it and i can't recall the last time i used it. it's got like 2000 minutes on it now, lol. it would be nice to be able to take pictures with it though. maybe i'll upgrade to one with a camera.
Well, I will say this...I love my smart phone. I take pics of every mechanical repair side job as I tear it down, and build it back.

I have a large screen, and can draw on pictures,web pages ect for reference, save them and send them to someone that may be able to help out with a problem i may have. I can sign electronic checks ect
example pic
2014-02-22-08-16-37_zps881b2870.jpg

My wife had a basic flip phone for years. I finally talked her into a smart phone with a large, touch screen ect, she loves it!..would not trade it back for a flip phone.

If you decide to get one. i would be more than happy to help you figure out the basics of operation

Cheers

Well, I will say this...I love my smart phone. I take pics of every mechanical repair side job as I tear it down, and build it back.

I have a large screen, and can draw on pictures,web pages ect for reference, save them and send them to someone that may be able to help out with a problem i may have. I can sign electronic checks ect
example pic
2014-02-22-08-16-37_zps881b2870.jpg

My wife had a basic flip phone for years. I finally talked her into a smart phone with a large, touch screen ect, she loves it!..would not trade it back for a flip phone.

If you decide to get one. i would be more than happy to help you figure out the basics of operation

Cheers

thank for the offer, i'll consider it.

thought I would ask..." Got that new smart phone yet" Lol
how's things going with ya?

Well, thought I would close this thread with a good ending...

The owner got the correct parts, and they fit like a charm, however I did have trouble replacing the lower ball joints, they were rusted bad in the bores, because the truck lived up North. I tried on of those Harbor Freight ball joint presses, not good, almost broke the screw trying to get the darn ball joints to press back in, didn't use a impact because it would have snapped off the screk and no telling where it would have projected to, maybe inside of me...Oh well got them in, with some force, and a BFH...seated them and put the snap ring on..never had some that were so hard to replace before

Back