98 sport lift...searched but nothing found | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 sport lift...searched but nothing found

peruvious

Reaction score
City, State
sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
ok i know its out there but i cant find it. i just bought a 98 X sport v-6 4x4. i wanna put a 3-4" suspension lift. also this is all going to be done by myself (first timer). where can i get a lift kit for my new toy. and how much am i going to have to dig into my wallet

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.. I see you are from Sykesville, MD.. Superlift makes a 4" suspension lift, which are almost $1500 the last time I checked... You can also do a torsion bar twist & shackles to give you about 1.5" and a 3" body lift.. That's probably alot cheaper to do if you plan on going up to 33s or higher.. The shackles probably will cost you $50 and doing a Torsion bar twist is free all you need to do is crank on the torsion bars.. You can also get Add a leafs but you need to replace those leaf springs with a set from a 4 door since sport leafs are monoleaf.

ok before syaing i want this much lift, you must say how big of tires you want to run, i plan on eventually running 33s with no lift, but thats going to involve minimal fenders too....

do the ranger kits work?

the tires that i have been looking at are the BFGOODRICH mud-terain T/A
285/75/16 stands 33.1 tall........would those fit with out a lift of some sort or are those too wide, i have 255 on there now

thanks

Yup the ranger kits work but you need to fabricate your own bumper brackets if I remember right..

Back