98 yota 2.5 inch lift on 36s.

splodo49

Ejection seat man..
Reaction score
City, State
Tooele,Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT,75 FJ, 05 Cummins
Well i just installed this 2.5-3 inch lift on a buddys yota and threw some 36s on it. Heres a couple pics sorry but they are a little dark. We took the tires back off. He wants to body lift it then slap em back on. Then hell regear and all the other fancy stuff.

Attachments

• Ksyotaon36s 001.jpg
    Ksyotaon36s 001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 431
  • Ksyotaon36s 002.jpg
    Ksyotaon36s 002.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 440
  • Ksyotaon36s 003.jpg
    Ksyotaon36s 003.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 412

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice...those are some BALD 36s though. :D Nothing a little trimming won't fix (to really flex em) ;)

Yeah the tires arent in the best of shape.(but i got them for him with rims for a good deal) I told him we should just trim tonight. And he almost gave in But he declined (hes really hungover). Plus next week ill be doing a snorkel on his rig so thats when ill cut everything plus i should have the body lift by then.

I LOVE toys! That is gonna look bad @$$ when its done! Keep us posted.

Sure will. I actually go the bodylift today. But wont be installing it till next week.

well i finished the body lift and threw the 36s on.. Heres some pics.. Sorry dark again..

Attachments

• 3inchbodyon36s 004.jpg
    3inchbodyon36s 004.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 347
  • 3inchbodyon36s 009.jpg
    3inchbodyon36s 009.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 3inchbodyon36s 005.jpg
    3inchbodyon36s 005.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 366

more

Attachments

• 3inchbodyon36s 013.jpg
    3inchbodyon36s 013.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 339
  • 3inchbodyon36s 015.jpg
    3inchbodyon36s 015.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 361

That once again proves that Explorers are one of the few vehicles that you can get away with body lifts on (looks wise)!!!

All props to you, and your buddy's, work, but that looks really bad with the BL. Get rid of the BL (or cut it in half), get some slightly smaller tires, then do some trimming and it will look alright.

Once again, I mean no offense, but that looks like a poser street queen with that obvious BL on it.

Ewwww, that BL is fugly. Part of the reason it looks so bad is because the flash lights up the dirty undercarriage. But seriously, it looks real tacky that way. X2 on bringing it down some, as well as the tire size. It should look a lot cleaner and perform better.

Also, I have a buddy with a Yota around that year model. He rubs with 7" of lift and 35's. Just a thought.

Yes i agree with alot of the Frame showing. Infact rob i never thought about that until you said it. You guys have to remember one thing.. Its his truck and what he does is his business. I can give advice and suggestions. I like the fact that he does have 36s on a little lift looks hellav alot better than a big lift... the tires barley rub at full turn.And he really doesnt care about looks believe me ive seen him wheel. I know you guys are just giving your 2 cents but to tell ya the truth it really dont matter what you think or i think to the person...Just a thought. I posted this for the ones that do like it. So if its a negative post dont bother.X2

lol i dont think those mud flaps will do much now

if u could i'd like to see pictures in the light...

Ill get some posted.. Yeah those mud flaps are so tiny haha.

Well heres some day pics.. And the frame showing isnt that bad. Those other pics were cuz i brightened them..

Attachments

• 100_0708.JPG
    100_0708.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 285
  • 100_0710.JPG
    100_0710.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 100_0709.JPG
    100_0709.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 346

looking good!

That's sexy!

wow difference between night and day :)

looks really good

Ok, I knew it looked that bad because of the flash. Yeah, it looks better in those pics, but I'd still be in favor of bumping the tire size down to a 35.

what size tires can the stock front axle on the tocas hold?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

95offroadx said:
what size tires can the stock front axle on the tocas hold?
Not 36s haha.. he is gonna go down to 35s. I got him a good deal on the rims and the tires were still on them so hes gonna ride these out then go down to 35s..

Back