'99 Bumper Thumper (yes, I've searched) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'99 Bumper Thumper (yes, I've searched)

SandSurfer.. Sorry, forgot about this thread..

Here's 2 pics of the mounts of Tarheel's Outland Sport bar. As you can see, its frame mounted, so raising it for the BL will prove to be interesting.

14229bl_solution_2.jpg

14229bl_solution_1.jpg

The yellow marks are where i think you can redrill to raise the guard and inch or so.

Originally posted by SANDSURFER'98
could I just put lights directly on the bumper?

I have my Hellas mounted on my bumper and even on-road, they're all over the place. The plastic bumper cover doesn't provide nearly enough support to mount lights on.

Originally posted by reichhartkg
I have my Hellas mounted on my bumper and even on-road, they're all over the place. The plastic bumper cover doesn't provide nearly enough support to mount lights on.

Yeah, I have my KC's mounted using 1/4" steel (just like jefe mounted his, bracket goes down to the bumper bolt) and on road they were going everywhere too. I cut some heavy duty rubber hose and put it under the lights and it has done wonders. And it doesn't look that ghetto either.

This grill guard is with a 3" body lift. I am planning on welding two tabs for lights on the sides...you could mount some where the winch is.

287759_27.jpg

Back