A/C blows cool air, but not cold air | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C blows cool air, but not cold air

davesteelnh

Reaction score
City, State
Nahsua, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
A/C blows cool air, but not cold air. Compressor turns on and off. R-134 is full according to gauga and the fact I couldn't get more r-134 into the system. What do you think is the problem?

davesteelnh said:
A/C blows cool air, but not cold air. Compressor turns on and off. R-134 is full according to gauga and the fact I couldn't get more r-134 into the system. What do you think is the problem?
Welcome to the site. Are u using a set of R134 Manifold gauges? If so what are the low pressure & high pressure readings? Is the compressor cycling on/off quickly? If so it may be overcharged. You want to have a maximum low pressure of 45 PSI. If its considerrably higher, I'd suggest bleeding it out.

I will openly admit I think those cheapie gauses that come on $20 can sets are worse than no gauge at all. Refrigerant is not like an atmospheric gas. Like Blee suggests, a full gauge set is necessary in your case to really know what is going on.

Back