A/C / Fan Can't Feel Air - Help... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C / Fan Can't Feel Air - Help...

maxjivi05

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Ok I just got done Seafoaming my 1995 Ford Explorer XLT and wow, that stuff made my truck idle so much smoother, and I can tell a big difference... Well then I noticed I can't feel the air blowing on my A/C I can hear the fan get faster or slower when I turn the nob, but I can't feel hardly anything. Anyone know what could of happened or what I can do to fix this? Thanks..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably not related, but we'll need to know your A/C system pressures.

or do you mean it's not blowing hard enough? That could be an issue with the baffles inside.

Vacuum leak? Does air blow out of the defrost vents?

I mean I did use a vacuum line to put in the Seafoam, and I mean you can't feel it blowing but you can feel the cold air barely coming out, but you can turn the fan up and down and it don't change how much you can feel. It's been working fine till I did this, and I am pretty sure I put everything back I only disconnected 2 things and i put those back.

A/C Pressures? you mean in the lines?? I mean you can't even feel the heat / fan / or A/C but you can tell the A/C is working... and is cold just you can't feel it blowing but you can hear the fan spinning like something is blocking the air or the air is escaping another way.

A/C Pressures? you mean in the lines?? I mean you can't even feel the heat / fan / or A/C but you can tell the A/C is working... and is cold just you can't feel it blowing but you can hear the fan spinning like something is blocking the air or the air is escaping another way.

OK.. I wasn't sure at first what you meat, but I get it now.

But yes, vacuum problems will cause issues with the air baffles. You may want to check to make sure none of the lines you removed cracked or broke. If it's not one of those, it might be another.

Yes the defrost will blow out the defrost vents, but nothing else will blow out of any vent..

I've read there is a blower motor that blocks off which ever vent Defrost or Vent Panels but the thing is I read that for a different Make and Model, so is this a good guess of what the issue is? and where about is this located?

sorry but i still haven't been able to find anything on this... no one know?

Sorry but still in need of this to be fixed... so bump..

You probably have a vacuum leak. Air coming out of the defrost vents is the default position.

There is a vacuum reservoir (looks like a ball) by the air box. Be sure to check the lines going to that.

If you have 4x4 make sure that works, you have a vacuum disconnect if you have 4x4. It gets vacuum from that ball.

I can't seem to find a "ball" I took these pictures though can you see what you are speaking of?
th_75693_DSC01410_122_384lo.jpg

th_75698_DSC01411_122_75lo.jpg

The "ball" is stuffed under the air filter box.

You should check all the vacuum lines under the hood - there's a diagram stuck on the radiator support. Find the line that feeds the heating/cooling controls - see if there is sufficient vacuum on that line when the engine is running. If not, then there is a kink or leak somewhere.

Back