A/c Fans constanly blowing even when off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/c Fans constanly blowing even when off

micurn

Reaction score
City, State
Hamburg, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 explorer limited
Hey guys I have a 1995 explorer limited the a/c fans constantly blow even when the a/c panel off button is pushed off. Any ideas, its really killing the battery.
Thanks

When the blower controller failed in my 98, the same thing happened. In the old days (without automatic air) they would be refered to as the blower motor resistor. Now it is an electronic gadget. I seem to remember changing it thru the engine compartment. Looks like an aluminum heatsink thing. I'm having trouble getting to the online service publications and the OEM parts directory right now so I can't give you any more specific information. It wasn't cheap. I do remember that... Good luck

Assuming you have the Automatic air conditioning, the part is the A/C Blower motor speed control (19E624). It is mounted in the engine compartment. There will be an electrical connector going to it and a couple of screws holding a cover on.
If you have manual air, the Blower motor resistor assembly (19A706) will be located in the same general area and have an electrical connector and be held on by a couple of screws.

Back