A/c hot & cold | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/c hot & cold

thezuck

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Eddie Bauer
2002 Explorer EB I have cold air on the drivers side and warm air on the passenger side. Just read through 40 pages of threads and found many other threads with the same problem, but no definitive answer. I had the refrigerant level checked and topped off and it was a tad better, but still not what it should be. Has anyone found an answer to this?????

Do you have the EATC (Electronic Automatic Temperature Control)? I believe the EATC has different Blend Door Actuators for passenger and driver side. The passenger side actuator may be bad. I don't have EATC, so I am not familiar with this system. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in soon.

Good luck! :D:thumbsup:

Yes, I have EATC. However I do not think there are two separate blend doors. I contacted the people at Heatertreater.net. and they thought the blend door was operating do to the fact that I could control the temperature. They also gave me this info:
The difference between Passenger and Driver could also be due to a temperature gradient across the AC evaporator core. When the charge gets low, half the core is colder than the other half and on a dual chamber system the driver gets the cold half and the passenger, the warm half. I'm including a write up we did on the Dodge RAM that has the same problem.

Back