• Register Today It's free!

A/C Oil Question

Coasty

Reaction score
City, State
Pembroke Pines, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT 5.0L 2wd
So my compressor catastrophically died on my 2001 5.0 and I am replacing the compressor, condenser, accumulator, and orifice tube. I am in the process of putting the system back together when I realized they gave me the wrong oil. I asked for pag 46, but they gave me esther 100. I only put an ounce into the new condenser so far before i noticed, but what should I do? Should I just use this oil? Try to flush the condenser and get the right stuff?

So my compressor catastrophically died on my 2001 5.0 and I am replacing the compressor, condenser, accumulator, and orifice tube. I am in the process of putting the system back together when I realized they gave me the wrong oil. I asked for pag 46, but they gave me esther 100. I only put an ounce into the new condenser so far before i noticed, but what should I do? Should I just use this oil? Try to flush the condenser and get the right stuff?

The oil handed to me by a Ford Parts guy is "Emkarate". imp

I wouldn't worry about it. Ester is compatible with PAG oil, and one ounce won't affect the viscosity that much. Just fill the remainder with PAG 46 and you should be fine.

Edit: Now that you've noticed I would get the correct oil. Would Ester 100 work? Probably, but i'm sure the system will perform better with the correct oil.

Back