A/C Recirculation actuator and door broken. How to replace. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C Recirculation actuator and door broken. How to replace.

afko

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Ok all. This may have been already asked but I just can't seem to find the thread. I found a thread for the blend door but not the recirculation. I have a 2003 Explorer XLT with rear climate control. The AC would not enter recirculation mode (Max AC). I opened the glove box and looking into the AC where the front blower is, i found that the door for that controls the outside to recirc was off it's mount and fallen flapping around. I figure the plastic part that turns the door, which is attached to the actuator is broken because I can see a piece of it caught by the filter before the blower.

However... I need some assistance as to how the heck I fix this. I need to reset the door in place (door is currently loose and out of it's pivot point) and replace the actuator piece that broke... help?!

Thanks

Welcome aboard.

I don't remember who on here first found this site but I thought it was cool enough to bookmark: http://www.denlorstools.com/autoblog/2008/08/2003-ford-explorer-ac-not-cold-enough/ Shows how to replace the recirc air box without removing the whole dash to get at it. I don't know if you can replace just the recirc door - I think I remember reading that you need to buy the whole air box. Good luck.

Back