• Register Today It's free!

A Full-size X

xjames

Reaction score
City, State
Jonesboro, Ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Well, after tossing my idea, X body swap to a Bronco frame, out there, I have been doing some research. I mentioned moving the rear axle back 4" (the fullsize bronco has a 104" wb), but I was shooting numbers off the top of my head. I was thinking the 4dr wheelbase was 108" but it is 112". An 8" move just doesn't seem feesible. The 2dr however, has a 102" wheelbase, shortening the bronco base by 2" will be a cakewalk. I was intending to box the frame on the bronc, so adding a little more on the inside to match the X body shouldn't be too big a deal. I can even raise the areas to act as a body lift (of course being much stronger than an actual bl), for engine and tranny clearance. Anyone have an old 2dr body laying around for cheap? LOL:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What model bronco are you wanting to use.

There was a dude on here arasoul or something that like that that put an explorer body on an f250 frame. I dug it!

My bronco is an 85. It has a 351 HO (carbureted), C6, with the 9" rear, with 4.56 gears, loc-rite out back, and an E-loc up front. I am not worried about any emmissions, they have no such requirement where I live.

Find a 2 door Ex to use!

That's the plan now. I wanted 4 doors but that would put the axle into the gas tank. Besides the 2 dr will just be that much lighter.

Back