A little help here with my grand plan please! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A little help here with my grand plan please!

spotdog14

Reaction score
City, State
East Lansing, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Greetings everyone.

I am looking to do a little upgrading to my audio system (if i dont have to replace my tie rod ends).

What i am looking to do is this: replace my aftermarket headunit with a Pioneer D3 Nav. Unit. Replace door speakers with some JL Audio speakers and finally figure out what to do about the rear sub.

The previous owner did know how to deal with putting in an aftermarket headunit in the limited so he ran new speaker wires to each speaker, but did do anything about the sub. So my question is, how much are the JL Audio stealth box's usually? And do they fit completely behind the plastic molding in a 95?

And what size speakers are in that year X?

Thanks!

What kind of budget are you working with? If you are getting those kinda of components, Im going to assume you have a decent amount to work with.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6242_JL+Audio+XR570-CXi.html

These JL Speakers sound so crisp and decent. They hit highs and mids super clearly. If thats to much for you to spend, look into TotalMobileAudio speakers. Its JL Audio's entry level speakers. Still decent quality.

The stealth boxes are super sexy, but also super expensive. Havent seen any under $450. For that much money you can get a decent box and sub combo, but you loose the cargo space.

Back