• Register Today It's free!

A pillar trim removal

flobes

Reaction score
City, State
Fort St John, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT V6 4WD
Can anyone advise on how to remove the A pillar trim on the interior? I seem to have a rattle, the dealer denies that one exists. The rattle drives me nuts, need to get the trim off to see what the problem is. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think the rattle is coming from behind that trim. I had the same noise on my Ltd. It is where the dash meets the windshield. Or is it a buzzing noise like a bee stuck behind there?

There is a TSB on the A-Pillar rattle. If your dealer won't do anything about it, find another dealer. It should be covered under warranty.

Ya, that sounds about right, how did you fix it?

They have to replace the whole A pillar assembly. As noted by JDraper. There is a TSB out to have this fixed. Send a PM to the Ford Rep on here. They will take care of you. They know how to get things done.

Great news! Just got a used 11' Explorer Limited on Tuesday and i noticed the rattle by the window in the passenger side. Its been driving me nuts, hopefully the dealer fixes it. I have 43,000 miles i assume it still has warranty.

Warranty is done at 36k I believe unless you purchased an extended warranty.

I definitely bought a warranty, first time I ever buy a domestic/ford vehicle. Don't know how reliability is on this car.

Back