A8 SD Card for Navigation | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks to many of you for your input. I finally got my 2013 Explorer software updated to 3.10 ( or so it says ) and my NAV A8 SD card seems to be working fine now. That might be good to know for anyone trying to update NAV SD cards in older vehicles. I still hold my breath every time I start the car.

Well, my A8 Nav Sd Card was not recognized once again. It has been days since it didn't work and I even posted here that it seemed that updating my SYNC software to 3.10 seemed to resolve the problem. I was so happy for a few days, but the problem is back and once again after many tries of inserting, removing, inserting, turning car off, turning car on, etc., etc. it isn't recognized as being inserted. Then, once again, I took it to my Windows PC and put it in my SD card reader (with SD card write protect switch in Protect/locked position), to simply take a look at the directory of Folders and Files on the card, removed it and put it back in my car AND WOW, the car now recognizes it as installed and NAV works perfect again. For how long? I'll report later. Any body heard of such a thing?

If you didn't buy the A8 card from ford then you have a clone, and that is why you are having intermittent issues.

I bought the update from Ford for 150 bucks and have zero issues.

If you didn't buy the A8 card from ford then you have a clone, and that is why you are having intermittent issues.

I bought the update from Ford for 150 bucks and have zero issues.

I appreciate your input as to your success with an A8 SD card from Ford that cost 150 bucks but my question still remains out there wondering if anyone has ever experienced an SD card (clone or otherwise) that when viewed on a PC caused it to then be recognized by SYNC and worked for extended periods of time. i have been "playing" with this for many weeks now and wondered why?

I appreciate your input as to your success with an A8 SD card from Ford that cost 150 bucks but my question still remains out there wondering if anyone has ever experienced an SD card (clone or otherwise) that when viewed on a PC caused it to then be recognized by SYNC and worked for extended periods of time. i have been "playing" with this for many weeks now and wondered why?

Well, even with my CS background, I cant explain that to you. My guess is that somewhere the write protection is being bypassed at some point when you insert it into the PC and then it eventually corrects itself during diagnostic checks once you put it back into the sync system.

Back