AAL and Warrior Installation

tenikiwon

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Yakima, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 F250/Zuk twins
I tried to search but didn't find what I was looking for, even though I remember reading about it

when installing AAL, all you need to do is un bolt the 4? bolt and remove the bracket and then add the leaf?

when installing Warrior, what does that take?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I did is unbolt the u-bolts, let the shock mount drop down, cut the centering bolt and stick the AAL in. All this after suporting everything with jacks fo course.

Installing the Warrior shackles is easier than the AAL:

Just support the leaves and axle, unbolt the leaves from the shackles, then unbolt the shackles from the frame. Assemble in reverse order. No messing with the Ubolts or anything else, though you may want to unbolt the shocks from the axle to make the job easier.

What do you mean, when you say support the leafs? If you jack them, or rest them on jack-stands wont the added pressure fight you?

When doing the shackles you don't have to disconnect the leaves from the axle, so just setting jackstands under either will hold both up.

You want the leaves to be able to drop down out of the shackle, so you jack up the truck and support it by the frame at the front spring hangars, and you support the axle and leaves with a bit of droop in them. You don't want the leaves to just drop when you disconnect them from the shackle.

Back