ABS light is on with the brakes locking up. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS light is on with the brakes locking up.

dana7

Reaction score
City, State
washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford
i have v6 2002 ford explorer and had both bearing front done and repair shop said the front brake needed done i told them less schwab just did them and their under warranty so i take car from repair shop after they replaced the bearings while driving home abs light went on so i take back to schwab to find out the problem and they said front right caliper is sticky and they replaced both front brake assy. pad rotor caliper and abs light still on so i take back to repair shop and they tell me grease is getting on sensor on front right so they put new bearing on 2 nd time only front right this time and i leave two days later abs light on and pulseating agin so agin i take two repair shop and they now say that it is calipiar is two tight and blaming on schwab cane aybody help me figure out what might be happaning

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hummm so the new hub fixed it for a day or so? I'd start by checking the ABS sensors for contamination. Try cleaning them and see how it goes from there. Also check the pads for contamination.

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 2002-2005 section. It sounds like you have a problem with the front ABS sensors. Make sure that there are no metal filings on the front of them.

yes thee scecond time i went to repair shop they said that the sensor in between the barings had got grease on it front right thats why they replaced it for a second time but front left was fine so i thought it was done then three days later abs light came on agin just like first time they replaced them so i thought that if repair shop replaced the bearing the second time it may have been less schwab problem with the brake job iam a journey electrician and have no auto knowlage at all but when i look at the inside of the wheel i can see spindle has no cap on them and driver side looks like spindle part is in wheel a little futher then left side i dont know if that has anything to do with problem or not also repair shop said that the caliper on left side is tight on rotor and thats what is causing the problem and told me to take back to schwab and have them flush lines i dont know but i think he is passing buck none of this happened after the first brake job the abs light and brake problem started right after repair shop did hubs so the problem happend when i left ther on my way to have less schwab take a look at the brake job and they said caliper is sticking and replacer whole brake system in front and said the brakes are fine and the abs light has nothing to do with the brake job so then back to repair they replaced left bearing and was fine for a couple days then abs light on agin abd brakes are grabbing

so if the sensor is dirty how dose that happen and what would cause it mebay the wear from pads to tight on rotor could cause it

Back