ABS LIGHT ON!?!? ( 97 Explorer XLT 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS LIGHT ON!?!? ( 97 Explorer XLT 4.0

Joel Barbee

Reaction score
City, State
Glendora
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
My ABS light has been on for the past few weeks now and I had no way to have it checked until this past weekend when I had shocks put on front and rear along with my upper control arms ball joints and a camber kit to redo the whole front end. I asked the guy when they take it for a test drive if he could hook up his scanner and find out what's going on. Well he did and comes back with the information of low voltage... He didn't give me a code and he didn't clear the code but he did say it could be the ABS pump module they could be bad or the sensor on the passenger front could have either a loose connection which I doubt because I checked out a couple different times or the wires could be broken inside and only a few strands holding together which would cause low voltage??? so I'm wondering if anybody else on here might have any other ideas of what it could be without me having to go out and buy the scanner myself to get the codes and go from there??? I thank you all for your time and your input....🍺🍻😎

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gotta have the codes man

Gotta have the codes man
That's what I thought!! I don't want to go spending money on this that and the other that don't really need to be replaced.... I just really wish you would have given me the code.

Try a elm327 adapter and forscan cost you under $20

And forscan software = free and is the best imo

This will scan and control every system in your ford or any ford

What is an elm327 adapter, what does it look like and where can I get one???

Is this it?

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 29

AWESOME!!! THAT WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE ONE I JUST POSTED SO YOU CAN LOOK AT... LOL!!! Thank you Donald for all your input!!! I really appreciate it!! You're helping me keep money in my pocket that I don't need to spend thank you again.

Back