• Register Today It's free!

ABS light on after SAS

Skyhiranger1

Reaction score
City, State
KC, MO area
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 RANGER STX
I know there is a Ranger forum, but since it doesn't get much use, I'll post here instead.

I searched and couldn't find any info on this.

I have a '97 Ranger that I done a D44 SAS on. Since I got rid of the ABS front axle (D35), the ABS light is on all the time. Is there a way to trick the system into thinking that the ABS on the front is working? Like shorting, grounding, etc. the electrical plug connections? Or will doing one of these just confuse the system and make the rear ABS not work properly?

Yea, Yea, I know I could just pull the bulb out of the dash. But I would like the appearance that ABS is functioning properly, for inspection purposes.

Thanx.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The sensors in the frnt are looking for a pulsed signal. Unfortunately, with the SAS, the only way to cure the problem is to retrofit the entire system to a rear only ABS which is probably more of a hassle than anything else. With the SAS come sacrafices, and the ABS happens to be one of them.

Look at that light as a badge of honor..

:D

Yea, I knew the sensors were looking for a pulsed signal, so I figured there was no way to "trick" the system by a ground, short, etc. But I thought I'd ask anyway.

"badge of honor" I like that!!!!!!

thanx guys.

Not sure if it will work but you could try tapping the wireing from the front sensors into the rear sensor. This would create the needed pulse signal, but I have no idea on how to go about dooing it, or weither or not it will wreck havoc on the ABS module.

Originally posted by mrboyle
Not sure if it will work but you could try tapping the wireing from the front sensors into the rear sensor. This would create the needed pulse signal, but I have no idea on how to go about dooing it, or weither or not it will wreck havoc on the ABS module.

That is a good idea. I'll have to look into doing that.

Is the rear ABS still working, even though the front ABS is not working (non-existent), which, of course, makes the ABS light come on??

Thanx.

Currently, with the front not working, the ABS system is not working.

Back