• Register Today It's free!

ABS Light?

Majisto

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I was coming home from a somewhat spirited drive in the X (Ok it was cool outside, and the old girl hadn't been run through the gauntlet in a while) and as I am cruising through the parking lot, the ABS light shines for a second, and then goes away. My brakes feel fine, but they were recently serviced, and the pads have been wearing awfully quickly. What does an ABS light usually mean? The brake fluid looks to be at a good level. How hard are the ABS sensors to replace?

For me when my ABS light comes on it means that I've spun both tires pretty good... Like, any time i'm off roading and lose traction. Resets once I restart the truck though

with the light out I would not be too concerned.

I don't know about Ford Explorers but I have changed some ABS sensors in other cars.

It is not weekend warrior material, but it is not a nightmare either.

My ABS light has never come on before, and I've done some umm...bad things to those tires, heh. The brake light has come on a few times back when the SOHC was newer (And more powerful) and that was because the fluid was a bit low and would slosh back in the reservoir and cause the sensor to go hay-wire. This is something a bit more serious I'm afraid :(

Back