• Register Today It's free!

ABS module replacement easy?

nasmeyer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
How easy would it be to replace just the electronic part of my ABS module without removing the whole unit from my 6cyl 2002 4WD explorer? If this is possible it would save me from brake line and fitting replacments, bleeding brakes, etc. I can only guess that I would not be able to remove all of the lines without damaging at least a few. Anyone done this before?

How do you know the abs module is bad?
What did you end up doing?
I may have the same problem the stealership replaced a front speed sensor that they said was bad... and one hour later the abs light was on. took it back and they said that it may have gotten a bad sensor or the abs module may be burning out the sensor and needs to be replaced. i will find out thursday when it goes back into the shop.

My mechanic told me the module lost its ground and burned up the curcuit inside. I didn't get a second opinion from anyone so I have to go with his answer. I havn't yet replace it and still dont know if I will based on apparent difficlt nature of the repair, and now winter is here in Mi. and I have to do my work outside!

Mine ended up being a bad sensor. But if you lose the ground connection how can you burn anything up..no power. It just wont work until you get a good ground.
I would check to see if you have power to the module first,it might be an easy fix!

Back