• Register Today It's free!

AC and Air Cabin Filter

stephanieopare

Reaction score
City, State
Sioux Falls, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello I’m new to the community. I got my 2015 Ford Explorer XLT last June 2020. I really like it, my Husband has a 2010.
I had a few questions I needed help diagnosing.

When I get a car wash(just started on Monday) I get moisture through my vents and my cabin air filter is getting a bit wet. What may be the issue?

Another question: my feet air vents won’t run. Is this just a bad seal perhaps?

Thank you for helping me. I’ve been learning how to work on my own vehicle and so far so good until this.

I would inspect all the plastic trim pieces along the windshield area. Also make sure all vents and drains are clear of any debris. You may be missing a vent or seal as well.

That's a sealed area and i cant think of any way else water could be getting on the filter

Hello I’m new to the community. I got my 2015 Ford Explorer XLT last June 2020. I really like it, my Husband has a 2010.
I had a few questions I needed help diagnosing.

When I get a car wash(just started on Monday) I get moisture through my vents and my cabin air filter is getting a bit wet. What may be the issue?

Another question: my feet air vents won’t run. Is this just a bad seal perhaps?

Thank you for helping me. I’ve been learning how to work on my own vehicle and so far so good until this.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm guessing that you had no previous issues going through the car wash? As for the vents at your feet, are they selected on the climate screen? I think that is where the selection for air flow is made. Is this also a recent problem?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm guessing that you had no previous issues going through the car wash? As for the vents at your feet, are they selected on the climate screen? I think that is where the selection for air flow is made. Is this also a recent problem?

Peter
Yes! No problem going through the car wash until this Monday.

Yes, I will have the dial to foot air flow and it’ll automatically direct itself to the upper air vents. That has been that way for one month. Since it has been more of an inconvenience than anything, I haven’t taken action on it yet. It is my goal to have this repaired though whether I do it or not.

Thank you kindly for your reply!

Back