AC Filter in Sport Trac? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AC Filter in Sport Trac?

woogyboogy

Reaction score
City, State
Southwest FL
I have a 2004 Sport trac, and was wondering if there was an AC filter somewhere in the truck...When I bought the truck it had the odor of smoke. I've tried a lot of remedies and none have completely gotten rid of the smell. I have heard that vehicles have AC filters, and maybe if I change that, the smoke smell will disappear. So does anyone know if the ST has a AC filter, and if so where is it? Thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think the Trac has a cabin filter. Fabreeze down the vents may help.

Is it good to spray febreeze down the vents? Or could that mess something up?

Fabreeze will be okay. Heck I gutted mine when I got it and washed everything out with a garden hose......vents, defroster and all.

090815020b.jpg

Ok, thanks for the advice, do you know of any other methods for removing odors?

Thats crazy, I would mess something up if I took my truck apart like that haha

Well it was a bit "messed up" when I got it.:roll:

Slice some apples, put them in a bowl and leave them in the floor.

Well I was on PeP Boys like 2 months ago and bought a spray can that comes with a tip so you spay it on the vents, returns, and turn the AC on and man that was a good way to put some fresh air, it cost me about 7$ but it last, whren i get my truck back ill see if i still have the bottle, and the smell!

also you were the cowl by the wipers on passenger side is were the air is sucked in from i cleared all debree ie. leaves and junk and went to car wash turned ac on high and pointed the air freshener nozle there and let it suck it all trough the vent for about 4 min drove home and left it closed for few days and didnt have any more smell

Back