Ac/heat , module something’s wrong!!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ac/heat , module something’s wrong!!!!!!

Taurus95

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT3.5
Hello everyone I have a 2011 Ford Explorer with touch screen LCD and touch buttons below the screen that’s equipped with sync pretty sure it’s sync 2 long story longer when I turn the Explorer on my buttons under my screen DO NOT LIGHT UP I can’t use those buttons to control anything besides turning radio on and off can’t even adjust the volume unless I use buttons on steering wheel the buttons on the touch LCD screen work so when I try to turn heat, air on I got to use the touch screen because the buttons below don’t work so i can see me touching the climate control ON button gets recognized but nothing comes on I looked at fuses used a jumper to make sure clutch is engaging correctly and it was engaging I replaced the compressor because capital ford of Charlotte said that that’s the problem along with tensioner so I replaced it still nothing but the clutch is still engaging I replace the pressure switch on the high pressure hose or maybe it was the low but sill nothing it has to be something to do with this sync system or a module because my sunroof was leaking and now everything has gone out I can’t replace my sunroof motor untill I figure out what’s going on with my heat air because if it is a module then the sunroof should work after fixing it possible!! Please any help will be greatly appreciated

not HVAC person but im leaning toward maybe a blend door? does the fan kick on?

Hello everyone I have a 2011 Ford Explorer with touch screen LCD and touch buttons below the screen that’s equipped with sync pretty sure it’s sync 2 long story longer when I turn the Explorer on my buttons under my screen DO NOT LIGHT UP I can’t use those buttons to control anything besides turning radio on and off can’t even adjust the volume unless I use buttons on steering wheel the buttons on the touch LCD screen work so when I try to turn heat, air on I got to use the touch screen because the buttons below don’t work so i can see me touching the climate control ON button gets recognized but nothing comes on I looked at fuses used a jumper to make sure clutch is engaging correctly and it was engaging I replaced the compressor because capital ford of Charlotte said that that’s the problem along with tensioner so I replaced it still nothing but the clutch is still engaging I replace the pressure switch on the high pressure hose or maybe it was the low but sill nothing it has to be something to do with this sync system or a module because my sunroof was leaking and now everything has gone out I can’t replace my sunroof motor untill I figure out what’s going on with my heat air because if it is a module then the sunroof should work after fixing it possible!! Please any help will be greatly appreciated
Did you ever find out the issue? My 2017 is doing the same thing. We replaced the APIM and it’s still not working

Did you ever find out the issue? My 2017 is doing the same thing. We replaced the APIM and it’s still not working
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't know if the member is still around. He was last seen here on Jan. 23rd.

Peter

Back