• Register Today It's free!

AC no power at the compressor

Dino360

Reaction score
City, State
TX-Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie bauer
I bought my 04 explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6 2 years ago. The previous owner rigged the ac with a hot wire running from the ac relay to the high pressure switch. Ac blew cold until it would ice up to the point no air would flow from the vents. The ac was constantly running unless I disconnected the wire from the relay under the hood. The compressor finally blew and I mean literally a gaping hole on the side of the compressor case.

I replaced the compressor with a new one, flushed out the lines In both directions and pulled a vacuum. After several hours of holding vacuum I was satisfied there were no leaks and attempted to recharge the system. I've tried bypassing the low side switch, turning the can upside down to add as a liquid, and couldn't get the compressor to kick on to charge the system.

I started checking the electrical and found that I am not getting any power to the compressor at the wiring harness but the ground wire is receiving ground. I've checked the under hood ac fuse and switched out relays but no luck. If anyone could point me in the right direction to get it running properly I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Back