Access thru the firewall? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Access thru the firewall?

Hey guys not sure which forum to post this in so if this is in the wrong spot please move it.

Since my last explorer was totaled and I have a new one I need to get a radio, inverter, cell amp installed. The main issue for me is how to get power from the battery into the cab of the vehicle. I have hear you cannot go thru the firewall anymore for anything. I would like the stuff mounted under the rear seats or in the cargo area. If I can just figure out how bring power to inside the vehicle i'll be good. Any ideas?
Your thread was merged with this existing one mentioned in the post by Rick. I don't know if the configuration changed any for the 2016+ Explorers.

Peter

Your thread was merged with this existing one mentioned in the post by Rick. I don't know if the configuration changed any for the 2016+ Explorers.

Peter

The electrical system is different for 16-19s. Quite a bit, from what I understand.

The electrical system is different for 16-19s. Quite a bit, from what I understand.
Thank you. I was more concerned about the firewall access.

Peter

Back