• Register Today It's free!

Accusump install question

hondaslave1342

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Sport Trac XLT
Please be patient reading this post. I own a 2005 4.0 sohc sport trac. We all know the disadvantage of owning this awesome truck is the poor design of timing chain components.
I recently installed a complete new engine, with all new motorcraft sensors, wires, plugs, radiator, serpentine belt tensioner, drive pulleys, belts, etc. Under the hood everything is new.
I'm very mechanically inclined but suck at electrical. I admit that. To save my investment, and not to cringe every startup, I purchased a Accusump pre-oiler system with electric valve. I'm waiting until 3000 mark to install.
Here is my question finally. Like already mentioned, I suck at electrical but can follow instructions.
#1 I need to tap into the accessory (ACC) wire in my ignition switch. This is so I can turn my ignition to acc, preoil my engine before starting. What is needed, and not just hacked into. My OCD wants it done correctly please
#2 I want to run this system on some type of toogle switch so if I need my key on for any reason and not starting engine it won't discharge the Accusump.
Thanks for reading, if anybody did,, yes I've read other forum pages but nobody show how to install the electric portion nor toogle switch. Thanks a million million million

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pictures of what you have please

Pictures of what you have please
Hey Donalds. I will when I get home. BTW. Thanks for all your help with engine install. I really couldn't have done it without you. I basically bought the 1 quart system with electric valve. Cost more but easier for my wife, (her truck) to manage.

Buy a Momentary switch like a button
From the auto parts store

Buy a Momentary switch like a button
From the auto parts store
Thanks. I read 2000StreetRod post. This is exactly how I would like it. Tapped in ACC, but on a toggle so when I have my key on it doesn't dump into the engine when need. I just don't want to bug him. Would a momentary switch be two handed operation? Donalds I suck at electrical but can follow instructions perfectly. I know it's asking for a lot but I pretty much need a diagram written out positive negative etc pretty much like a little kid drawing. I'd hate to burn down my wife's truck trying to hook up a toggle switch haha

Easiest way to tap an ignition controlled circuit is in the fuse panel. Pick anything that requires the ignition to be on and use an add a circuit fuse tap. Those taps require 2 fuses, your original fuse and one for the new circuit.

Easiest way to tap an ignition controlled circuit is in the fuse panel. Pick anything that requires the ignition to be on and use an add a circuit fuse tap. Those taps require 2 fuses, your original fuse and one for the new circuit.
This is what I need. What I'm lost at is running a toggle switch also. I really want it on a Target switch just in case I need my key on it doesn't dump all the oil into the engine. I hate to pay for it electrician for something so simple. I just don't want to burn my wife's truck down experimenting

Got it thank you. Buying the parts now thank you buddy

From the tap in the fuse panel, run the wire inside to where you want the toggle switch. The negative, either connect to the body or battery.

From the tap in the fuse panel, run the wire inside to where you want the toggle switch. The negative, either connect to the body or battery.
Your the man. Didn't know add a fuse existed. So from my electric Accusump valve positive to positive on toogle switch, positive toogle to add a circuit? Negative electric Accusump valve to toogle switch, than to battery ground or frame? Sorry I suck.

How much power does this thing draw? If it is more than 15A you should use a relay

The accusump electric valves I'm finding with a Google search say 4A. What is the model number of the unit you purchased? Did it come with a pressure switch?

The accusump electric valves I'm finding with a Google search say 4A. What is the model number of the unit you purchased? Did it come with a pressure switch?
Yes.
Please josh call me stupid, or you know what I'll just call myself stupid. You had me curious to to know what valve I bought so I drove back to my work because that's where I keep all my parts. I didn't even open the box and guess what was in it? Instructions. I'm dumb. 4 amp fuse is sufficient. So basically your idea with 4 amp fuse? I feel stupid.

16540145090463429087284883182548.jpg

Your the man. Didn't know add a fuse existed. So from my electric Accusump valve positive to positive on toogle switch, positive toogle to add a circuit? Negative electric Accusump valve to toogle switch, than to battery ground or frame? Sorry I suck.
There will no ground going to the toggle switch, unless it’s a lit switch. The negative will go to the solenoid coil. The acc power will run through the toggle to the other side of the coil.

If you post pictures of your parts on the table
I will edit the picture with wires so that you can just wire it up
the button momentary switch will only need to be held down till the oil pressure gauge goes up then you let go and start the engine

Sorry I'm in and out of the house today so I might not answer you right away

the button momentary switch will only need to be held down till the oil pressure gauge goes up then you let go and start the engine

Will

Thanks. You helped me out so much in the past, I'll get right back to you soon as I get home from work. I like the simple idea of a button and then start the engine. I have to keep it simple for my wife. Appreciate you give me a few hours.

The diagram at the bottom is the same one I found on the internet. Seems like with a pressure switch inline, you could get creative with a lighted switch that once the pressure switch opens the circuit, light goes out for a visual when to start the engine.

The diagram at the bottom is the same one I found on the internet. Seems like with a pressure switch inline, you could get creative with a lighted switch that once the pressure switch opens the circuit, light goes out for a visual when to start the engine.
I wish Josh. I barely understand the factory function. I can wire what I see on paper but to creative idk. I mean with instructions I can rip an engine out of a 2023 Corvette and put it back in but with electrical it's all foreign to me. Thanks.

I wish Josh. I barely understand the factory function. I can wire what I see on paper but to creative idk. I mean with instructions I can rip an engine out of a 2023 Corvette and put it back in but with electrical it's all foreign to me. Thanks.
Maybe I should have used the word fancy, if you buy a lighted switch, once the pressure is reached, the pressure switch breaks the circuit and the light turns out

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe I should have used the word fancy, if you buy a lighted switch, once the pressure is reached, the pressure switch breaks the circuit and the l

I like that idea. This is what I have. 2005 ST. Electric valve and pressure switch
I understand now. Thanks a million.

IMG_20220531_173822113.jpg

Back