ack!!!! dents suck! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ack!!!! dents suck!

hey guys whats up?
i got bored with the computer yesterday (first time that's happened in years, thanks to these forums :D)

to make a long story short at 11pm last night i went out and started peeling off my body side molding. i didnt finnish taking off all the tape until this morning because i hadnt found my plastic squeegee until 12 and by then my thumbs had blisters the size of the former USSR.

well after i got all the tape off today i went to wash it and when i got done i was snapping some photos to post on the forums here to show what it looked like in my before and after thread, but i noticed a HUGE dent in the passenger door. its unsightly. i was like HOLY ****! what happened! it's dead center of the door too. :(

anyway i was wondering an easy way to get the dent out. i mean do those "paintless dent removal" places actually work?

anyhoo ill go down later on today and take a picture of it and post it so you can see how bad it is, its prolly the size of a silver dollar :( :( right dead center of the rear driver's side door.

thanks in advanced.
~kardinal

I had three very ugly door dings taken out of a '96 Taurus by a guy who used the paintless dent removal tools. The dents were in the worst possible spots (right on the round hump that goes along the side of the Taurus, high on the doors). All three were removed totally and you would never know they were there unless you really looked for them.

I have a feeling the quality is solely the result of the person using the tools. The guy that did mine says he likes to work on it for no more than 10-15 minutes at a time, then walk away and do something else for a while, then come back. He said to work on it longer, you get too focused on the spot you're working on and not the entire area around where the dent is located. By doing this he says you don't overwork the area and make it look "wrinkled".

This guy was an artist with those tools; no question about it.

KMac is right. Some of those guys do a fantastic job , but not all of them. I have never seen one go away 100% but awefully dang close.
The thing is the paintless guys can only do dings , not major dents.

Back