show off your battle scars | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your battle scars

Ok so I want to see every bodies' scratches and dents. This way I don't feel as bad about how scratched up and dinged my truck is.

The day I got my truck no scratches and no dents/dings at all. Now every body panel is scratched up and most of them have dings/dents also. Even the roof. Oh yeah and now there's rust on the bottom of the doors and rockers too but that's a different story.

Probably the worst body damage I've done to my truck happened in my own driveway and not while off roading. I accidentally drug the side of my truck down the corner of my house(i have aluminum siding). Scratched it from the front of the door to tail light and also dented the rear quarter panel.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol i'm a student at appalachian state(party school of the mountians) and park up the hill from a bar. sometimes when the customers to that establishmet use the lot i'm in, they get ready to leave and slam their car doors into my X. when i started up here i had no scratch marks now... not so perfect

Here are some I can find pics of...

Most recent ones..
2979123366_e9e6786394.jpg

These are a few of the others.. I can't remember from when for each..
under the drivers door.
2109571222_35755f57d4_o.jpg

Passenger side under the doors..
ck_011.sized.jpg

ck_012.sized.jpg

Passenger side door and dent near the rear light (very 1st dent)
2035829290_36e068c583.jpg

rear hatch.. (2nd dent on the truck)
2449473631_f43e5d17e4.jpg

Thats it for the easy pics to find..

~Mark

i'd probably want to kill someone if my truck got keyed

I did. Took me 2+ hours to stop shaking.

Ok I use to park my truck next to my bronco.
P1010547.jpg

pretty tight fit to get through at a weird angle also.
P1010544.jpg

this is what happens when i get woke up at the ass crack of dawn on sunday morning after a night of partying.
P1010543.jpg

these scratches and dents actually go all the way up to the front of the door. they're hard to see in the pictures.
P1010529.jpg

P1010531.jpg

P1010535.jpg

and here's the right side kind of hard to see all the scratches and dents
P1010538.jpg

not as many on the drivers side
P1010546.jpg

Luckily havent had much damage to the Explorer but I broke an axle shaft on my Bronco last year in the middle of nowhere in Montana, that was fun.
It was my fault anyways for keeping the stock axles with a 450+ Hp 429.
D60 swap for sure.

my step dad twisted off the rear drive shaft in his 78 F150. it had like a 10in lift with 38s 460 V8 and regeared. he just took the shaft off and drove home with a front wheel drive truck.

after seeing some pics of your guys trucks i don't feel as bad about mine

1771151.jpg

looks a little better now, i will have to get pics of current body damage :D

1771151.jpg

looks a little better now, i will have to get pics of current body damage :D

i think your's is just a little more dented than mine.:D let me guess, rolled it?

i love how the wing window is still intact

Thankfully nothing yet. Knock on wood.

But I have free chip and scratch repair at the dealership
So i gotta go get the rock chips on the hood fixed

And Theres a half foot light scratch on the passenger side

Nothing yet for me either. Knocking on wood also. My body is perfectly straight, best of all its a '92. I love my clean body :D

P.S- Froader I love your truck, mine is exactly like that one but stock. Your original paint is what mine is.

well i did some more damage to it last night. me and one of my friends were running over and threw a huge snow pile that was built up in a big parking lot. and i got most of the way threw and got stuck with snow and ice up to my windows and when he pulled me out it put a nice big dent in my drivers door and ripped off my drivers side skirt. i didn't realize how bad it was rusting under there. i don't care too much about ripping the plastic off bc i was going to take it off when i got my BL and new tires
DSC00058.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

silver plastic bent from my mom hitting a fence. i don't know how she got that to look like that from a fence but that's what she said
Picture034.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back