Adding rear hvac . How involved?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding rear hvac . How involved??

Hey! I know this thread is 4 years old but y’all killed it right when it was getting good, how did it turn out?
Agreed! I had come across this too hoping for more details towards the end...sadly, none...

I'm in the exact situation, but with a 2014. Have been considering buying a wrecked 2014 with all the fixings, but no place to put it right this minute and no upulls in my area to strip from.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey! I know this thread is 4 years old but y’all killed it right when it was getting good, how did it turn out?
Worked out just fine. Once it was wired in and the values changed in the module I had issues trying to run a sync 2 Raido setup which I was trying to do all at the same time causing issues. But using my factory 4in screen and bezel it functioned propperly

Worked out just fine. Once it was wired in and the values changed in the module I had issues trying to run a sync 2 Raido setup which I was trying to do all at the same time causing issues. But using my factory 4in screen and bezel it functioned propperly
Care to share any steps or reference material you followed to install it? I've got the service manual if it's just a matter of looking in the right area. Anything you've got would help, I'm in the same boat of babies to ensure are well cooled, haha!

Care to share any steps or reference material you followed to install it? I've got the service manual if it's just a matter of looking in the right area. Anything you've got would help, I'm in the same boat of babies to ensure are well cooled, haha!
I hope the member is still following the thread. He was last seen here in September.

Peter

I hope the member is still following the thread. He was last seen here in September.

Peter
I am still around! Not as Much as I used to as I tend to follow rhe Facebook pages more and try and help there..

Ok so I have a body shop and tend to pull multiple cars apart this is how I accomplished it on my personal vehicle. You need the hvac unit. The under car a/c and under car coolant lines. The ac line off the evaporator from one that has rear hvac and a different heater core cross over hose which sends coolant to the rear. As for wiring I personally pulled an entire body harness apart one by one which you truly do not need to do.. .if you collect the wires thay go to the unit and run new wire up the driver's side under the trim to the main harness connector by the drivers door the rear hvac is already pre wired in the dash harness you would need to land each wire on the correct pin on the connector. I didn't read through this thread much don't remember if I documented on here which pins they go to without looking at the diagram book

Back