• Register Today It's free!

adding sync to the explorer

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
I am not sure if this will work in in all 2006 or 2007 explorer but do the project at your own risk I did this in an eddie bauer. Basically I am going to be delayed on the project due to salvage yard misplacing the sync module and amp...what you basically need to do acquire a dash harness from an explorer with sync and take out 16-pin harness which has all the sync. The other end of the sync plug you can buy from the ford dealer for 40 dollars I believe. Make sure you get same year sync plug as the harness, cause everything is color coded. you will also need a 16-pin male connector to solder on the wire which is not color coded but just match up each wire pin with the same wiring pin on the sync wiring.

Also get a copy of the sync schematic so you understand what wirings are important as you would need to hook up the microphone to the 16-pin harness.

The hardest part is acquiring the 24-pin which has nothing related to sync just to hook up the amp to the nav. I havent figure out this part and I think I might just spend the 100 dollars and order the T-harness for the 2010 explorer navigation.

hmm... I'll see how easy this is for you. The wife's 2011 edge doesn't have sync.

just be careful to sync module you order if you plan on install a navigation system...because there are sync modules meant for navigation and non-navigation i just found out

Just want to let everyone know I will be getting the wires in to complete the sync project in 2006 explorer, after i am done with project i will post pictures of the system working in the vehicle, if anyone is interested in doing this mod let me know and I can get quote for you and build a harness for you

Back