Adding third row to Explorer Police Interceptor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding third row to Explorer Police Interceptor

yes, i did it myself. not sure, i'd expect $500-700 for the parts.
and it was realistically easy to put in?? i’m just kind of confused on exactly what i need to do or how i exactly tell if i’m able to do it.. i see now the thread before you wrote out what i need to get... i’m just not very familiar with cars and it’s like a 4000$ difference between this car and the other one i’m looking at with a third row. if money wasn’t an issue i’d just go with it already installed. maybe you could explain it in dummy terms if i know if i’m able to apply the third row or not ?

Did you check out the link in post #4? That might give you some idea of what you will need to do in reverse.

Peter

can i ask you how much about did this cost you for parts and installation? i’m thinking about buying a police suv explorer but i only wanted one for the third row, i’m weighing my options on pricing !
I spent around $900 for a full interior from a 2014 XLT at the junkyard. It was the only 5th generation I could find out of 20+ junkyards I called around town. I swapped everything over in a weekend and sold a few of my old parts to recover the costs. Still need to sell the seats. If you are mechanical it is not hard. Unbolt everything and bolt back in. The 3rd row seat belt upper bolts were not threaded but the bolts went in and made threads easily enough. Also using an air ratchet saved time and made it go quicker.

Back