Adding Wallpaper?

Justyman87

2011 Ford Explorer Owner!
Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I know my 2011 Ford Explorer Limited has the ability to add wallpapers onto the sync background but I am unsure how to do it. Do you have to use a flash drive? Can it be from your phone images? Must it be a specific type of picture like .gif or .jpeg? What size must it be? What picture do you currently have?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know my 2011 Ford Explorer Limited has the ability to add wallpapers onto the sync background but I am unsure how to do it. Do you have to use a flash drive? Can it be from your phone images? Must it be a specific type of picture like .gif or .jpeg? What size must it be? What picture do you currently have?
Hi Justin. It is all covered in the MyFord Touch, MyLincoln Touch Supplement.
According to the instructions, photos have to be loaded from a USB mass storage device (flash drive) or from an SD card. Formats .jpg, .gif, .png and .bmp may be used. Each file must be 1.5 MB or less. Recommended dimensions, 800 x 378. However when I used that setting the picture did not extend to the outer horizontal edges. I had to stretch it to 800 x 384. My wallpaper is the same as my avatar on the left.
To get started, press MENU>DISPLAY>EDIT WALLPAPER and follow the system prompts.

There is a thread with various wallpaper pictures that owners have added to their vehicles.

Peter

Great thanks for the information. I’ll try it later and see if I get any issues with uploading the pictures.

Just added a stock photo of a Ford Explorer off of google. It looks great and was so easy to do! Is there a website you can get photos for the wallpaper? I would love more Ford ones. Thanks for the info again!
- Justin

Hi Justin. It is all covered in the MyFord Touch, MyLincoln Touch Supplement.
According to the instructions, photos have to be loaded from a USB mass storage device (flash drive) or from an SD card. Formats .jpg, .gif, .png and .bmp may be used. Each file must be 1.5 MB or less. Recommended dimensions, 800 x 378. However when I used that setting the picture did not extend to the outer horizontal edges. I had to stretch it to 800 x 384. My wallpaper is the same as my avatar on the left.
To get started, press MENU>DISPLAY>EDIT WALLPAPER and follow the system prompts.

There is a thread with various wallpaper pictures that owners have added to their vehicles.

Peter

Hey Peter, didn't Rebecca recommend a new resolution of 800 x 384 not too long ago, or am I crazy??

EDIT:

For once, I am not crazy. Rebecca did post that the recommended dimensions had been updated to 800 x 384 :)

Hey Peter, didn't Rebecca recommend a new resolution of 800 x 384 not too long ago, or am I crazy??

EDIT:

For once, I am not crazy. Rebecca did post that the recommended dimensions had been updated to 800 x 384 :)
I ended up changing mine to 384 because with the recommended setting of 374 it didn't fill the entire screen horizontally. It does now but it is a little bit stretched.
Glad to hear that you're sane.:D 95 degrees out today and my front lawn is crispy. Saving gas on that as well this summer. Back yard is also turning brown. Something it hasn't done in the 29 years I've been here.

Not sure if there is a wallpaper site for Ford pics. I know Justin is asking about that.

Stay cool.

Peter

Hi, Justin!

I'm a little late to the party, but it looks like everyone here took care of you and answered your questions. :) Don't forget to post which picture you chose here:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362257

Vince, Peter, and Dawna - Thanks for helping Justin! :biggthump You're the greatest!

Rebecca

Back