What's your MFT wallpaper? Please share!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your MFT wallpaper? Please share!!

I love this one. But I'd like one small change and I have no PhotoShop skills.
Could someone add the "Driver" and "Passenger" to the "Climate quadrant"?

Ideally getting them to appear right between the seat heating/cooling buttons, and the two temps that are overlayed on this image by MFT?

Thats a really nice wallpaper
Somebody want to walk me thru installing that on my truck:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats a really nice wallpaper
Somebody want to walk me thru installing that on my truck:D
First, I think you better update your profile. It shows you have a 97 XLT.
I transferred a picture from my computer onto a USB drive and plugged that into the compartment with the 2 USB ports. Same place where your Nav card is located. Then press MENU/DISPLAY/WALLPAPER. It is covered in the MyFord Touch MyLincoln Touch Supplement. Picture should be no more than 800 x 378.

Peter

First, I think you better update your profile. It shows you have a 97 XLT.
I transferred a picture from my computer onto a USB drive and plugged that into the compartment with the 2 USB ports. Same place where your Nav card is located. Then press MENU/DISPLAY/WALLPAPER. It is covered in the MyFord Touch MyLincoln Touch Supplement. Picture should be no more than 800 x 378.

Peter

Peter, why would I need to update my profile? The 97 was my first Explorer, and while it hasn't had current tags in years, it is still owned and used by me at a hunting lodge. Plus its what I owned when I signed up here. All trucks listed in my sig are owned by me, well except the 2013, I'll own it in 3 yrs.:D
Thank you for the tip on loading the pic(s) on a USB drive. I didn't get a MFT Supplement, only the owners manual. I did manage to find my way to the wallpaper settting. I'll resize to 800x378.

Thanks

Peter, why would I need to update my profile? The 97 was my first Explorer, and while it hasn't had current tags in years, it is still owned and used by me at a hunting lodge. Plus its what I owned when I signed up here. All trucks listed in my sig are owned by me, well except the 2013, I'll own it in 3 yrs.:D
Thank you for the tip on loading the pic(s) on a USB drive. I didn't get a MFT Supplement, only the owners manual. I did manage to find my way to the wallpaper settting. I'll resize to 800x378.

Thanks
I don't know about other members here but I always check that area to see model/year before answering a post since not all answers may necessarily apply to all models. I didn't check the signature block.
Unless Ford has changed their handouts, you should have received the Supplement as part of your info package. You can always go here to download it or check it out;
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...rGuidePage&year=2012&make=Ford&model=Explorer

Happy motoring.

Peter

Thank you for the link..............:thumbsup:

somebody needs to make a simon themed wallpaper. Thats what MFT reminds me off.

RgN_LnQeEihcxkDIclf-K6mF0Te97FXvaZR8-gTtRG9CdKdkhC.jpg

The colors are in the wrong spot but it would be a good one with some PS

Thanks

You need to resize it to 800x384.

Here is our lovely bunch at my son's 4th birthday party this year!!! :cool: Been meaning to update it with our new family pic but keep forgetting to resize the pic!!

2012-05-18_22-04-40_962.jpg

How did you re-size your picture? I've tried resizing mine, and it won't allow the oddball proportion. Help!:)

How did you re-size your picture? I've tried resizing mine, and it won't allow the oddball proportion. Help!:)
Welcome to the Forum JBD.:wavey:
To get the picture the full screen size it has to be 800x384. I just used a photo software program to resize mine, saved it to a USB stick and then loaded it into the MFT.

Peter

Hi, JBD,

Like Peter said, the recommended dimensions are 800 x 384. Here's a little snip it from the Owner's Guide:

Only the photograph(s), which meets the following conditions, display:
• Compatible file formats are as follows: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp.
• Each file must be 1.5 MB or less.
• Recommended dimensions: 800 x 384.

Welcome to the Forum JBD.:wavey:
To get the picture the full screen size it has to be 800x384. I just used a photo software program to resize mine, saved it to a USB stick and then loaded it into the MFT.

Peter

Peter, as always, you rock!

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gone downhill since posting that! :eek:

SMH, ieee_raider! LOL :D

Rebecca

As Peter stated, you need to use a photo editing program to do that. Assuming you are using Windows, you can resize a picture in Paint. All windows PC's come with paint. Here are the instructions to do that:

To resize a picture using Paint

Open Paint

On the Home tab, in the Image group, click Resize.

To resize the picture so it's a specific size, click Pixels, and then enter a new width in the Horizontal box or new height in the Vertical box. You will enter 800x384 pixels there.

Click the Paint button , point to Save as, and then click the picture file type for the resized image.
Type a new file name in the File name box, and then click Save.

:thumbsup:Thanks everyone for the help! I used paint and figured it out. I now have my logo for my wreath business as my wallpaper.

The focus fanatics site have a million there to pick from. Got my Pats one frm there.

Dumb question but I have to ask So long as one re-sizes the image to the screen resolution of 800x384, will anj .jpg work?

Thanks.

Dumb question but I have to ask So long as one re-sizes the image to the screen resolution of 800x384, will anj .jpg work?

Thanks.
According to post #53 from the IVT rep, the answer would be YES. That info is also on page 517 of your Owner's Guide.
Good luck.

Peter

Post your Home Screen

Here is mine....

BA520F45-1127-4615-9D23-AAE16FC6C2CF.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1798755_10205168866210074_3183464086968149502_n.jpg

Back