• Register Today It's free!

problem adding wallpaper image

russell bruesch

Reaction score
City, State
new buffalo michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 limited explorer
I have downloaded a jpg photo onto a flash drive and have uploaded it onto mft okay but i get a message that it is improperlly formatted and it will not be displayed . I understand that the file size cannot be larger than 1.5 mb and it is not.
But i dont understand the screen size maximum of 800 by 378 what is this? and how do i know what my picture currently is and how to change it?
In my picture program {cannon zoom browser Ex} i dont see any information on this when exporting pictures.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

make the file size 799x378 instead of 800. i had that same problem and that fixed it. i guess a file of 800x is technically a little over the limit. i edited my post cause i didnt read the rest of your post. the 800x378 is the horizontal and vertical resolution (pixels i think). if you have photoshop you can adjust this settings in like 2 seconds. i dont know how to do it with other programs but im sure there are a ton of programs that you could use.....

If you don't have photoshop. Do what I do and use the Paint utility in windows and resize the picture there. Then go to the Image tab and then attributes and change the pixels.

I uploased a photo and have it saved as my wallpaper image, but i never seem to see it. I assume the wallpaper shows up on the touch screen but for some reason I'm not seeing it. What am I missing here?

if your uploading a photo taken directly from a camera... most likely the resolution is huge and it has to be 799x378 for it to work. you have to use a photo editor and resize it to the above resolution.

if you dont have photoshop... google paint.net and get it from the cnet download site. it's free and powerful for such a small program.

load a pic and resize it down to 799x378 and you're good. i've done this and have about 20 wallpapers in my car and never a problem.

I uploased a photo and have it saved as my wallpaper image, but i never seem to see it. I assume the wallpaper shows up on the touch screen but for some reason I'm not seeing it. What am I missing here?

tilley, you can only see the wallpaper if you hit the house symbol on the bottom of the touch screen and set the first option on the top of the list. (there are three choices)

I just picked up an 8 gig flash drive to load some pics for wallpaper. I insert the USB and then select USB on the touchscreen. It says "indexing USB" and then goes away and nothing happens. I've tried both USB ports. What am I doing wrong? It's not clear if it's copied the files somewhere or what I need to do.

Ah, figured it out. (This system is not intuitive.)

You don't have to wait to index it, you just need to go to the vehicle settings and change the wall paper from there.

Back