• Register Today It's free!

Wallpaper question

Jhooks

Reaction score
City, State
Advance, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
So I read through all the other threads on how to load pictures for the wallpaper on the MFT, and I loaded a picture of my 2 year old daughter pretending to drive my 74 Bronco. Most everything worked out great, with the exception of the grid that divides the screen into 4 parts and the picture doesn't fill the whole screen. Said grid now appears to be crosshairs pointed at my daughter's head and my wife isn't going to like that very much. I made sure that it was 800x378 and no larger than 1.5mb. My question is how do I get the picture to fill up the whole screen and get the MFT crosshairs off my daughter's head?

So I read through all the other threads on how to load pictures for the wallpaper on the MFT, and I loaded a picture of my 2 year old daughter pretending to drive my 74 Bronco. Most everything worked out great, with the exception of the grid that divides the screen into 4 parts and the picture doesn't fill the whole screen. Said grid now appears to be crosshairs pointed at my daughter's head and my wife isn't going to like that very much. I made sure that it was 800x378 and no larger than 1.5mb. My question is how do I get the picture to fill up the whole screen and get the MFT crosshairs off my daughter's head?
I don't think you can get it to fill the entire screen. If you can do it, please let me know as well. Mine is the same. The Home screen is superimposed on the wallpaper so the only way to get the 'cross hairs' off your daughter I guess would require some photoshop work to move the center of the picture to one side or the other.
Good luck.

Peter

The size of the picture should be 800x384. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to cover the whole screen with your wallpaper you have chosen. Your only option would be to edit your photo in photoshop and change the placement of where your daughters head is so it's in an area the grids on the screen in your Explorer won't cover. There is no option to make your wallpaper fill the whole screen top to bottom.

Hi, Jhooks!

The guys are right, you'll have to photoshop the pic to move her over to the right or left. Like boltsfan17 stated, make sure the dimensions are 800x384.
Also, boltsfan17 is our resident wallpaper expert and has setup a website for them. Here's a link if you want to check it out:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/22760682_pCLJPG#!i=1825680373&k=vj8nMvF

You may find one you'd like to use. It won't be as cute as your daughter though! ;) Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rebecca

Back