Adjusting parking brake after body lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adjusting parking brake after body lift

AdamsGuitar

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Bauer
I've noticed that, after installing my 3" body lift, my parking brake cable is much tighter (and I think it might be slightly rubbing, as there is a rubbing sound coming from the rear now). Is there any way to loosen the ebrake cable on a 95 X?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does your e-brake still work? mine dont. am trying to figure it out before going to to buy stuff.

anybody? hellooo....anyone out there? :)

i ahve an idea... looks like the brake line lost a lot of it's tightness when we did the BL. so, if we can figure out how to give bnack it's tightness, we should be back in business. one way i think is to get a hook and hook it and then attach the hook to the bottom of the floor of the truck, drill it.

Your ebrake should be auto-adjusting... or so I thought.

Side Q: How is your steering? Did you end up extending it?

i used the extender that came with the BL. it is as good as before. no change. i thougth they ar auto change too but that did not happen.

FYI.... i locked and release the e-brake several times and walla.. i now have e-brake. self adjusting works. just have to do it severral times.

Back