• Register Today It's free!

Adrenalin owners power window ?

BigV

Reaction score
City, State
Dirty Jerzey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Adrenalin
I was reading that the 2008 sport trac has one touch up and down power windows. Mine only goes down with one touch. I am wondering if this is the same for you other adrenalin owners. Do your windows only go down with one touch or both ways.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2009 Adrenalin drivers door window has both one touch up and down. All the others are just normal operation.

my 2008 is one-touch up only...

my 2006 ROUSH was up and down with one-touch.....wonder why that never made it to the '08 Sport-Trac and did not arrive till 2009?

I wonder what makes the 2008 and 2009 window function different!? hmmm next mod maybe!?

Reason I ask is because I read it in a magazine article motor trend I think. It mentioned that they have one touch up and down on the 08. I believe it is very simple to put the one touch in I may see if I can add it.

my 2008 is one-touch up only...

my 2006 ROUSH was up and down with one-touch.....wonder why that never made it to the '08 Sport-Trac and did not arrive till 2009?

I wonder what makes the 2008 and 2009 window function different!? hmmm next mod maybe!?

You probably mean one touch down.

Both my Mustangs were one touch both ways, my ST only down.

My '08 has one-touch down on the driver's window only but it will work like a normal power window if you only push the switch halfway.

The vehicles do not have one touch up now because of liability issues. The concern was a child bumping the button and then getting caught between the vehicle and the window and being injured/killed.

I believe they added the feature for 09 because i have it on my 2009 Adrenalin.

Mine only has one touch down.

psycareyo

do u got sound clip of that dynomax exhaust dump u said its extremely loud on ur cardomain.

i wanna hear how it rumbles

Is there any way to add the one touch up/down feature from the 09 in to an 08? I had the feature on my 06 Mustang GT and loved it.

Yes you can add it I may look into how much the parts are. You can also make the other windows one touch as well.

I'm using the Viper 530T Window module so my Alarm system can roll up or down the windows with the push of a button on my remote FOB. Not only can I roll the windows up, down or vent - remotely, It actually gives me 1 touch up or down for ALL windows independently at the drivers door buttons!!!
I also have it tied into my proximity sensor so if I leave the windows open and my vehicle is ARMED - if someone gets too close the windows will close automatically!

I'll post a vid up demostrating it sometime - as well as my Auto4x4 bypass MOD so now I can do RWD burnouts!!!

Ok I am very interested in this 4x4 bypass mod can you give instructions.

I'm using the Viper 530T Window module so my Alarm system can roll up or down the windows with the push of a button on my remote FOB. Not only can I roll the windows up, down or vent - remotely, It actually gives me 1 touch up or down for ALL windows independently at the drivers door buttons!!!
I also have it tied into my proximity sensor so if I leave the windows open and my vehicle is ARMED - if someone gets too close the windows will close automatically!

I'll post a vid up demostrating it sometime - as well as my Auto4x4 bypass MOD so now I can do RWD burnouts!!!

with such module, you will not be able to stop the window in the middle for example. module will make windows go up and down completely!
unless you swap double position buttons from some other vehicle that fits...

Ok I am very interested in this 4x4 bypass mod can you give instructions.

not sure if actually did the wiring for this mod yourself?
but i think i found the answer, when tunning using SCT Xcal 3 Handheld Tuner an option is available to turn traction control on/off

SF3 Power Flash Handheld Programmer

Key Features:
• Latest Flash Technology
• Pre-Loaded with Dyno Proven Tune Files
• Reads / Clears DTC Trouble Codes
• User Adjustable Features
• Monitor Popular External Sensors
• 2008 Models Supported
• Built-In High Speed Datalogging

User Adjustable Features:
• WOT Fuel Adjustment
• Idle RPM
• Spark Adjustment
• Transmission Shift Points
• Axle Ratio
• Fuel Injector Size
• Tire Size - Rev / Mile
• Air Intake Selection
• Cooling Fan Temps
• Traction Control On / Off
• Rev / Speed Limiters
• Two Step On / Off RPM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not sure if actually did the wiring for this mod yourself?
but i think i found the answer, when tunning using SCT Xcal 3 Handheld Tuner an option is available to turn traction control on/off

SF3 Power Flash Handheld Programmer

Key Features:
• Latest Flash Technology
• Pre-Loaded with Dyno Proven Tune Files
• Reads / Clears DTC Trouble Codes
• User Adjustable Features
• Monitor Popular External Sensors
• 2008 Models Supported
• Built-In High Speed Datalogging

User Adjustable Features:
• WOT Fuel Adjustment
• Idle RPM
• Spark Adjustment
• Transmission Shift Points
• Axle Ratio
• Fuel Injector Size
• Tire Size - Rev / Mile
• Air Intake Selection
• Cooling Fan Temps
• Traction Control On / Off
• Rev / Speed Limiters
• Two Step On / Off RPM

Actually I looked everywhere to do this and no one seemed to know, so I did my own research and did it myself!

This disables the auto4x4 mode to keep the RWD mode only...

This is different than the traction control, since the traction control of the SF3 only modifies the traction control, not the actual 4x4 system. The traction control just limits the engine power when it senses slippage in any tire, therefore cutting down the accelearation so the tires will regain traction. The Auto4x4 in the other hand, will engage the 4x4 system if it also senses slippage, autoamatically putting it into 4x4.

My mod disables it from going into 4x4, keeps it into 4x2 RWD mode but the traction control is still active which means the engine will cut down acceleration to gain traction, but if you press the traction button to turn it off - it ill disable the traction control, but only up to 45MPH, so in hence I can do a RWD burnout up to 45MPH lol.

Now this is where the SCT programmer comes in - to change the traction control limit higher (since I think you actually cannot disable it but change the value) change it to a higher speed like 199MPH I think - maybe higher not quite sure - so then you got all the power in 2WD with no limits (well up to the max setting of 199MPH - i think or higher) unless if you can do a burnout faster than that then - more researching ahaha

Pretty my mod combined with flashing the PCM gives you full accelearation in 2wd!

Back