Advice - 99 5.0/AWD or 00 4.0 sohc 4wd?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Advice - 99 5.0/AWD or 00 4.0 sohc 4wd??

V8 AWD! Search CL. In the US South there are lots of them no rust, driven by grand ma on Sundays, etc. but there are junkers too.

I have purchased three off CL so far, all 2nd gen V8 - AWD. First one saved my life (or from serious injury) in a wreck.

I've also purchased 3 V8's off CL in the past year or so. 2 of them are southern (GA) vehicles and are like new underneath. they're a pleasure to work on. right now there are a couple of nice ones on CL, but be prepared to pay $3200-$3500 for an AWD V8 in nice shape and AWD's are harder to find in the south as it's not an option people want/need down here. my AWD was a northern vehicle and has some rust underneath, but nothing terrible.

I find a lot of AWD around Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte. If you want one must be willing to tavel a bit.

I find there are a lot of scammers on Atlanta CL, there is one on there a maroon one looks like a herd of wildebeests ran thru it for $2900 dealer has been trying to sell it for the last 6 months. I drove to Charleston for last 97 I bought off CL worked the seller way down, it had a bad cam sensor had one from my 96. Look at my other posts.

Sorry not trying to side track the original posters search for one.
On a sad note I saw a wrecked V8 gen 2 mounty on a wrecker the other day almost brought a tear to my right eye(thats the good one).

For 99 models in MN you are going to find rocker rust but you can get lucky and find ones that aren't too far gone. I stopped driving my sport in winter for that reason. It is still in decent shape and I want it to stay that way.

Back