After Years of Lurking, I'm Officially an Active Member! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

After Years of Lurking, I'm Officially an Active Member!

97Sandbox

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seward, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
As the title suggests, I've been following various threads on this forum for about a decade and I've even been a member for over two years without posting. That's finally changing though and I hope to move from lurking in the shadows to befriending the members of the Explorer community!

I own a 1997 mid-prairie tan XLT that's RWD with the SOHC 4.0 and 5R55E auto trans (for now). The truck is actually the vehicle I learned to drive in (my father owned it before me) and needless to say, I fell in love with it.

I love turning wrenches and have worked my way from performing oil changes and tire rotations to replacing timing chain tensioners and trying some transmission valve body work. Overall, my Explorer is mostly stock with a few minor exceptions. I enjoy making upgrades when I can, but spend most of my efforts keeping up with things that wear out (I just turned 200k miles this fall).

I'll be looking forward to getting to know you all and your Explorers!

20190721_162327.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Thanks for supporting this site with your elite membership.
Like the banner says, after all this forum has saved me, it's the least I could do!

Welcome. My wife's 99 Sport has the same grille guard.
100_1434.JPG

Thanks!

I pulled my brush guard off an '01-'03 Explorer Sport that was in a salvage yard. The truck looked like it had rolled several times and it took me a while to straighten out the brackets enough to mount the guard on my '97. It sits a little crooked, but I'm happy with the way it turned out -- the price was right too.

How do you like the SOHC in a Sport with the 4.10 gears? I'm sure it's got a lot more pep compared to my XLT with the 3.73!

Back