Aftermarket gauge placement ideas? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket gauge placement ideas?

Then the pillars in 90 Bronco2's must be different than the 91 Ex. I figured they would be the same but my pillar is almost flat so the pod dont even come close to fitting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I think some are confused since this is in the 91-94 X section and you say you want it for a BII...:dunno:

...Earlier Rangers and BII's do have different A pillar's...

Oh well yeah I thought we were talkin about explos.

That is my fault. Bronco forum on here is kinda dead so I figured this forum would get better results...and I assumed they were the same pillars.

Late Bronco II's, Early Rangers, and Early Explorers all used screws in the A-pillar

Ryan

...:scratch:..spdrcer34, Are you saying the autometer pillar mount won't work on the 91X with the screws in the A pillar or, are you saying the pillar mount won't work on the BII's, earlier Rangers, and 91-92 X's...???

...I believe the trouble he has is that the BII's and earlier Rangers did have a more squared A pillar...

Thats some nice workmanship for sure but way more work than Im lookin to do.

I went ahead and got two Autometer 2 1/16 cups,painted them to match my other accessories,took my time to hid wires best I could and I think it turned out great. Mounted right above the glovebox on the flat part of the dash aimed right at the driver. I will get some pix later if anyone wants to see how it looks.

Here's a walkthrough I found while me and a buddy were trying to make something for his Eclipse from another forum. It's not a Ford forum by any means, but rather a Mitsubishi Lancer/Evolution forum, but it's something cool to look at if you ever want to make your own.

Enjoy.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/lancer...-how-custom-fiberglass-pillar-gauge-pods.html

i used that same page to make the gauge pod in my Saab

_DSC4649.jpg

...Can't wait to see your pics...I must say, you jumped on your idea and got right to it...:biggthump

Here are a few pix I snapped on my to our local wheelin spot today.

275926.jpg

275927.jpg

275928.jpg

Not my favorite option but it works for me.

In one of the replies to this thread, Spdrcer34 references the F150 steering column pod working on the first gen Explorer. Does anyone know if the Autometer ATM-15004 is the one that he's talking about that will work?

Back