Aftermarket wheels | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

No disrespect, but I think it looks kinda silly. But I dont think many SUVs look good with non-factory rims. I woulda spent the money on the limited.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum craigwfla. :wavey:
I'm afraid I have to agree with the dentalpain. Not my taste, but I'm sure there are those that will like them. It just doesn't look right IMO. Just make sure you stay away from curbs.;)

Peter

Totally disagree these look very nice, loving the 2 tone. Get so HR springs and you are set my friend.

I think these are actually pretty tasteful, especially when compared to other aftermarket rims. I'm not a big fan of the ultra-low-profile look myself, but these look good. I'd like to see how a 18 or 20" set looks as well.

:):thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks. Next decision is whether to lower it or not...

I went with 24s on my explorer xlt, and no regrets so far. I expected a rougher ride, but besides a little more road noise, I haven't really experienced any downfalls. Everything is surprisingly smooth, and no rubbing issues at all.
20140826_193044.jpg

20140826_192856.jpg

20140826_192646.jpg

omg the roads must be perfect down there, 24s up here would rattle the car apart from the horrible horrible roads here, ...which by the way we pay excise tax to "keep maintained"...

@ craigwfla. i like those rims alot, but agree with amd2800barton that the rims should have been 20"

Well I don't agree! :D
20's are too small on the Ex! 22's are available on the Edge Sport, which is a smaller vehicle. I'm running 22's, but think 24's are too big. I do like the look of the OP's wheels though.

@ craigwfla. i like those rims alot, but agree with amd2800barton that the rims should have been 20"

Curious, what are the specs on thr wheels/tires?

I went with 24s on my explorer xlt, and no regrets so far. I expected a rougher ride, but besides a little more road noise, I haven't really experienced any downfalls. Everything is surprisingly smooth, and no rubbing issues at all.

[MENTION=185956]JETZ[/MENTION] They are 24x10 Giovanna Andros with 255-30-24 Dcenti tires. In hindsight, I probably would have gone with a little more tire to protect the outer edge of the rim a little better. It's not everyone's taste, but I'm happy with it.

Well I don't agree! :D
20's are too small on the Ex! 22's are available on the Edge Sport, which is a smaller vehicle. I'm running 22's, but think 24's are too big. I do like the look of the OP's wheels though.
I would have gone with 17" if that had been an option on the Limited I had. I used 17s for my Winter wheels and found the ride a little better than with the 20s. Those large wheels remind me of the old chuck wagons that crossed the prairies in the old wild west days. But that is just me and I'm no spring chicken either.;)

Peter

Yes, 255 on a 10'' is kinda skinny. 285/295 would be more like it.

[MENTION=185956]JETZ[/MENTION] They are 24x10 Giovanna Andros with 255-30-24 Dcenti tires. In hindsight, I probably would have gone with a little more tire to protect the outer edge of the rim a little better. It's not everyone's taste, but I'm happy with it.

OK, 'no spring chicken' I've got you covered!!! :D

WagonWheels.jpg

I would have gone with 17" if that had been an option on the Limited I had. I used 17s for my Winter wheels and found the ride a little better than with the 20s. Those large wheels remind me of the old chuck wagons that crossed the prairies in the old wild west days. But that is just me and I'm no spring chicken either.;)

Peter

Now that I like.:D:thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol, cool thx for the info, at least some of it

Back