Air Bag damn light. SRS code B1998, #36 flashing fix? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air Bag damn light. SRS code B1998, #36 flashing fix?

BadaBingM3

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 4WD 2DR Explorer
Ok so looked this up a few times and mostly I find video's to unplug and clean the electrodes on the plug below the seat, which I've done and used a little electrical grease. My light seems to be intermitted though. Some days it won't come on, other times it will and that is both with a passenger sitting in the seat. Today I pulled the codes again. 1st, I pulled the code with no one in the passenger seat, there was NO flashing airbag light, but my scan tool pulled SRS code B1998. I did not clear it. Then I sat in the passenger seat, started the engine and then the air bag light flashed code 36. I already did the plug cleaning and reconnect last week and the light was off for a few drive cycles. Researched today online and found there is a kit wiring harness for Ford (3L2Z-14B455-AB) for $59 or higher. I can't find pictures of this harness. Does it bypass the original harness to the seat switch? How do I proceed and any ideas on what else to check? Cheers! Rob.

Back