Air intake anyone?

Isles4evr

Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL 2dr
I was doing some thinking today in school... hmmm, ironic isn't it? Well anyway I've been talking about modifying my air box, and I was just wondering if there was a way, or if anyone has ever tried making their own intake (or is there one available on the market)? What I was thinking was running two ducts to the slots in the bumper (91-94; don't think that 95-up have them), and run them up to the bottom of the air box. Do you think this would work? Has anyone tried it? I'm just conjuring up crazy ideas.

Thanks a bunch,
Chris
'91 Explorer 2dr

[This message has been edited by Isles4evr (edited 05-08-2000).]

K&M Filtercharger, or KKM both make open element air filter replacements. I have the K&M. It's CARB certified, 50 state legal and works great from my experience. Don't have the KKM, but have heard great things about it on this site. Do some searching. Good luck,

------------------
John '95 XLT

Chris, it should work with no problem. I had wanted to do that to mine but I had already destroy my airbox before I could try it. I still have hose running from opening in the bumper up to the KKM Air filter. I used a shop vac nozzle (short square looking one) and a shop vac hose (large diameter). I even cut a piece of door screen material and glued it to the nozzle to keep debris out. Hioe this helps.

------------------
Norman B.
97 Mountaineer 5.0 V8 AWD
KKM Tru-Rev with Homemade Ram Air
BOSCH PLATINUM +4's
Prestige Platinum 750a-APS alarm w/ remote start
Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks
Manik Pushbar & Tailight Gaurds
More to Come Before Summer :)

Back