• Register Today It's free!

Alarm is evidently possessed

BobMachus

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Front Range
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer 4x4
I just picked up a 2007 EB 4x4 4.0L and the alarm is an enormous PITA. If occasionally self arms while the driver door is open and then goes off when you start the car. Also if the car is locked in any fashion (fob, manual, power lock button) it MUST be unlocked w the fob or the alarm goes off when the door is opened. This prevents use of the keypad. I would like to completely disable the alarm function, but keep the remote start and remote lock/unlock function. The Carfax I have says the alarm was installed in 2010 at a dealership in Michigan who can't be bothered to give me any information about the installation. I am guessing this is a Ford alarm based on the fact that the fob looks just the ones I see pictures of. It is a four button fob with a red and a blue button under the lock and unlock buttons. I also have a different fob that is a three button fob that was evidently the original fob that came with the car when new. Any advice on how to tame this crazy remote? I can't even use the three button fob to unlock the doors and if the alarm is on starting the car with the ignition key doesn't turn off the alarm, only the four button fob can turn it off. So far I set this alarm off about three times a day. Thanks in advance.

Back