• Register Today It's free!

alarm

TexasBoy

Reaction score
City, State
Pearland Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer Sport
does any 1 kno whr the sensativity switch is for my stock alarm? i cant set my alarm off n it scares me i can bang on the windoes and tru to open doors and i get no chirp or any thing. 2002 ex sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You probably don't have a "stock" alarm. I know you'll have the "theft" light in the dash but that's more related to the PATS system.

i have an alarm im sure of it

I don't doubt you have an alarm. But I'm looking at the shop manual and there's no "stock" alarm for an 02 Sport shown here. So with an aftermarket alarm or even a dealer installed alarm it gets harder to find. It may not have impact sensors for the windows or even opening sensors for the handles.

Ford didn't offer an alarm system, so you don't have a stock alarm, you might have an add on, or a dealer installed one, on either case there's no standard mounting location for the impact sensor, so without looking at your truck, there's no way for us to help you, look under the center console, and under the dash, most sensors I've seen have a LED

Back