• Register Today It's free!

Alignment Problems UPDATE

PCTechman

Reaction score
City, State
Central Islip, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer 4X4 EB
Special thanks for advice/help from both WhitEngineering and 410Fortune!!!
I removed the Tuff Country drop brackets and reinstalled the stock brackets. My camber went from / \ to \ /, not as drastic, but still off & the Dana 35 U-Joints are in better alignment, too. Upon closer inspection the camber bushings are stock non-offset type and were stamped with a -30° xxxxx Ford number filled in with rust & hard to read, I took it as -3°. I ordered MOOG K8984 -3°/+3°. After installation, I had to use the full -3° camber, wheels are visually | |. I took it on the highway @ 65 mph, it now drives straight, no pulling, drifting or binding/shreading tire noise as before. The progressive rate coils & 6 leaf springs are new, I want to drive about 1000 miles or so, to let the springs take a set before I get it aligned & put new tires on it. The new front coils are great, they really keep the front end from diving in when going over rough road/potholes & the 6 leaf springs give a much better ride and I can load 500 lbs in the back without sagging. I have a 2" lift in front & 2.75" in back. If the camber's still too positive, the only alternative I have would be to take both sets of brackets and redrill the Tuff Country brackets in between the stock height and Tuff Country mount points.

Note to 410Fortune: K8984 will not fit Bronco's and Autofab makes some awesome products for Explorers/Rangers!

Back