Alignment specs for 1" lowering? best shocks? and torsion screw problem? and Kevlar?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alignment specs for 1" lowering? best shocks? and torsion screw problem? and Kevlar??

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
City, State
Baton Rouge LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 5.0
Should I go with stock specs? I used 1" bell tech blocks and have the cam's put in ($50 total)

I have the screw's screwed out a bit. I brought the front down by 3/4 of an inch (I think it was fairly low anyway) and it sits nice a level but on one side, the torsion bar looks to be touching the adjuster bar. On the other it is about 1/4 away from touching it.

Is there soem variation in the torsion bars?

I do need to replace the torsion cams as the Kevlar pads are shot, will extended driving with worn pads cuase seat damage or just the noise till I replace them? Pricing?

I see the EE lowered Edelbroks are about $280 is there any thing that work well for under $180 esp since I only went down about 1"? if not I will just get EE E's.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The adjuster keys are about $25 bucks a pop from fordpartsnetwork.com.

Variation between the bars is normal. The extra padding on the adjuster key *may* have a slight effect on the height.

The edelbrocks are pretty much looked down on now. More than a few people around here have had bad experiences with them. I see people recommending bilstens which are about $60 -$70 per shock.

"adjuster key"

That's the kevlar padded torsion cam thing?

I remeber the monro GPX or somthing like that was adecent shock for non lowered correct?

Also I need some ideas on the uspension alingment settings...

go with the stock specs

Back