All 02-05 Mountys have 3rd row & leather, right? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All 02-05 Mountys have 3rd row & leather, right?

enigma9o7

Reaction score
City, State
Milpitas, San Jose, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer 4WD V8
I'm looking to buy an 03-05 2WD V8 3rd row, and saw this craigslist:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/4339001698.html

I wrote to seller, and they said they are the original seats, cloth with no 3rd row. Based on what I've read I thought all Mountaineers had leather & third row. Is dealer full of it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In looking at the rear cargo area, it looks as though the vehicle has no third row. The jack stowage compartment would be much smaller, maybe half the size of that one

If its V6, then the dealer really is clueless. I asked and they said V8. I thought maybe the dealer was wrong on that too cuz I see 6 things that look like spark plug wires in the engine pic but figured maybe that's something else.

So there actually were V6 Mountaineers with cloth tho... guess I was wrong about that.

I know for sure there are 2WD V8 Leather 3rd Row cuz I've looked at a couple others in person. I just thought all Mountys were leather/3rd row, so was guessing this craigslist one had non-original explorer seats, but thought I'd ask the experts if it was possible the dealer was right.

Own a V6 02 Mounty with 3rd row, Cloth seats and AWD.
That is definitely a V6 w/ AWD and NO 3rd row. No way in hell I can fit a tire iron in either my Mounty's or Explorer's storage area with the space given w/ the 3rd row.

So definitely cloth is an option I wasn't aware of (for mtn). Aren't they all supposed to have third row tho?

chakaD, how can you tell its AWD from the pictures? (The only thing I knew was the AWD badge on back right, besides obviously looking underneath). Dealer also told me it was 2WD...

Hunh. I thought all the Mounties had dual automatic climate control too. Live and learn... Looks almost like an XLS version of the Explorers.

All 3rd gen V6 models will have the coil pack up front as you see. V8's are c.o.p.
The pic of the stereo is telling. No message center and no 4wd. I highly doubt it's AWD. Let's call it 2wd. Def an XLS version. And for 6k???? Basic model, dealer is smoking crack. Then again, it is Sacto. I wouldn't pay $6k for anything under 2005. Not in today's market.

That is definitely the V6. Looks clean and low mileage.

Back