Alpine CDA-7894

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
I found my new HU! Alpine CDA-7894.. It's kinda old but sounds AMAZING! My buddy has one and it's great. I'll be getting mine off eBay and just have one question. Since it's a 60x4 internal amp, what gauge wire and fuse rating should I use to power it? It says it needs to be run to the battery with a fuse. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

60 by 4 equals 240 watt max
so thats 120 watts of rms

if you divide the 120 by 14.4 (your voltage) you'll find that a 10 amp fuse would be good enough, but i would do a 15 anyways- its probably what size they suggest

I just found a manual for this model online. It says it requires a 20 amp fuse wired to the battery. Couldn't I just use the stock power wire and put a 20 amp fuse in the fuse panel?

You'll want to run some higher gauge wire to the battery probably.. Stock wire isn't very thick, and is probably pretty old by now.

I wouldn't feel safe just popping a 20a fuse in the box.. Wires can get really hot and melt through the shield, and possibly start a fire.

it really says 20 amp? that would be a lot of power for that to be truly necessary (but go for it if thats what it says)

it probably also specifies the gauge of wire to use, but i would step up to 12 gauge or even better for that much power.

Back